St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School seeks a Business Office Associate. The Associate is responsible for Student Billing services and Human Resources administrative duties. Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operations Officer (CFOO), the Business Office Associate is committed to the highest standards in customer service and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain student billing database, including making entries to BlackBaud software for student tuition, financial aid, and all other charges, discounts, and payments.
- Respond to parent communications regarding student accounts in a timely manner.
- Generate and reconcile student billing reports.
- Follow up with parents and CFOO on past due accounts.
- With CFOO, instigate collections procedures on seriously past due accounts.
- Maintain the tracking of allowance and activity cash disbursements and enrollment contracts/deposits.
- Create year-end audit reports.
- Working with the school nurse, coordinate student insurance needs and purchases.
- Perform administrative functions relating to employee benefits administration including leave time, open enrollment, payroll deductions, etc.
- Spearhead onboarding of new employees utilizing Paycom software.
- Prepare biweekly and monthly payrolls.
- Maintain insurance provider’s spreadsheets and reconcile with invoices.
- Create and maintain physical employee personnel files.
- Coordinate purchase card access, limits, and issuance.
- Answer Business Office phone and assist Business Office walk-ins as needed.
- Assist other Business Office employees with filing, correspondence, scheduling, and other administrative tasks.
- Assist other Business Office employees during peak times.
- Maintain office supplies and reorders.
- Manage record keeping and storage as per the school’s documentation retention policies.
- Cross-train on accounts payable and cashiering
- Other duties as assigned by CFOO.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent customer service skills and service attitude
- Combination of education and work experience in bookkeeping and/or Human Resources preferred.
- Excellent project management skills, including keen attention to detail and ability to handle multiple deadlines, projects, changes in priorities, and schedules.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications (i.e., Accounting/Billing software, Microsoft Office.)
- Exceptional commitment to confidentiality and legal and ethical standards.
- Ability to work well with individuals and in a team setting.
- Commitment to St. Andrew’s-Sewanee’s mission and vision and comfort with the tenets of the Episcopal Church.
- A philosophical alignment with our core values and curriculum.
- A willingness to fully participate in a boarding school environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt position. Benefits include a tuition remission plan, health and dental insurance, worker’s compensation, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, defined contribution retirement plan, and eligibility for grants for professional enrichment and continuing education.
Applications should be directed to the Business Office Associate Search Committee. Please include a letter of introduction, a résumé, and at least three professional references. In addition to fulfilling application requirements as stated in this position posting, all applicants must complete an Employment Application. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close applications when the position is filled.
Direct applications and inquiries to:
Business Office Associate Search c/o Andrea Booher
Assistant to the Head of School